Please Consider Joining the Board of Trustees or nominate someone you know!
PDF Version of This Page
- have three years of continuous, self-defined sobriety in S.L.A.A. (Non-S.L.A.A.
members can be on the Board. See below.*)
- have a working knowledge of the 12 Steps and the 12 Traditions of S.L.A.A.
are willing to commit to a three-year term.
- travel to the Annual Business Conference/Meeting (ABC/M) (7 days) each
summer during their term to participate in Board meetings 3 days before and 1
day after the ABC/M (expenses paid).
- are willing to participate in a minimum of six 3-hour Board conference calls plus
BOT Committee meetings and many email discussions plus liaise with several
- have at least 20-30 hours a month available for BOT service.
- have skills and abilities valuable to the organization.
- have served as non-BOT member of a BOT Committee (BGNC, BPRC, BFOC)
for at least 3 months.
- work well in a group dynamic.
- have a functional understanding of group conscience.
- have experience in S.L.A.A. service at the Intergroup and/or Conference level.
- have served as a delegate at the Conference level for at least one year.
*Non-S.L.A.A. Board qualifications
- know and love the S.L.A.A. Fellowship for how it has helped family, friends or
- have skills from such areas as legal, financial and/or business fields.
- bring an added perspective due to being outside the S.L.A.A. program.
Please Let Us Know
If you are interested in serving or know anyone who might be, please send an email to the Board Development Committee.
*Non-S.L.A.A. Members can join the Board of Trustees.