- Is S.L.A.A. For Me?
Find an S.L.A.A. Meeting
Open a New Meeting in Your Area
For Partners and Family
- Group and Member Resources
- Visit the Online Store
Contact Fellowship-Wide Services
Please select the most appropriate link for your question.
All requests for posting or changing items on the F.W.S. Website are subject to a review process.
Commonly Asked Questions
- Are there Meetings in My City? Go to http://directory.slaafws.org. Everything we have is there.
- Meetings for Spouses/Family? Go to http://www.slaafws.org/family
- How do I Attend a Meeting? There are no "sign-ups" or registration, simply show up. If you are traveling a great distance and if the meeting provides email or phone contact, you may want to contact them to verify that they are still meeting.
Public Contact Suggestions for Groups and Intergroups
In keeping with the spirit of anonymity, publishing of personal email addresses, phone numbers, and mailing addresses is not permitted on the F.W.S. website.
The following are suggestions for anonymous contact methods for your Group or Intergroup.
- Email Address - A free email service can be used to sign up for a Group or Intergroup email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org or gmail.com. This address can be passed on when service positions rotate eliminating the problem of lost data from using private member email addresses.
- Phone Number - There are free phone number services such as Google Voice where you can obtain an anonymous phone number that can be forwarded anywhere and to multiple numbers. Most even have voicemail capability. This prevents the problem of changing phone numbers frequently when members rotate out of service.
- Mailing Address - The vast majority of Groups and Intergroups have Post Office boxes. These are inexpensive and the best way to receive mail without breaking anyone's anonymity.
All S.L.A.A. Groups and Intergroups are autonomous. While these suggestions are practical, they apply only to the contact information published on the F.W.S. website. Contacts appearing in your local area or on your Intergroup's website should be decided by your Group Conscience.